Monday, December 8, 2008

ETHICAL ISSUE UNIT IV HUMAN CONSUMPTION & FERTILITY

mrbarlow.wordpress.com

 

The article for this assignment was enlightening.  I don't think people actually "think" about how we as individuals consume energy.  I really never thought of it that way.   Also, our energy consumption in contrast to fertility.  I guess you could say the more production of humans involves more energy consumption.   When I think of third world countries, I think of their fertility rate because in some countries it is out of control.

  www.nextdaysite.net

These images of the children above are scary.  I think that some third world countries need education for birth control.  Even though, in the article for this assignment stated that Americans are the biggest energy consumers, there is something to be said for these countries because they don't have the resources to feed the children.  I think this whole thing about energy consumption and how it is being used is a viscous cycle.  There are thousands suffering.  There are a lot of proposals coming out on how we need to conserve, go green, and make better choices.  Is it too late??!!  I don't think so.  I think that we can pitch in and try and do our best to conserve energy.  The article for this assignment was a lot more in depth, but when I think of energy conservation I think of ways I, my self and my family can do our part.  I think that is where it has to start.  Each person doing their own thing to conserve.  As for the third world countries and the less fortunate, they need education on how things work; how they as individuals consume energy.  I think education is key to energy conservation!   I am sure that there is no "one" real solution, but one at a time, these solutions can be tested and maybe even perfected.

 www.reliant.com

The human population, on a molecular level, consume energy?!!!  Surprising, because we are made up of chemicals; these chemicals interact with other chemicals.  Another amazing piece of information.    I really think we, as a country are moving in the right direction when it comes to resolve for poor energy use and fertility.    Nothing happens over night, but in time things will change little by little and every little bit makes a difference.

No comments: