Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My reflection of Unit I

SELF EVALUATION OF UNIT I
The aspect of the assignments I am most proud of is..., I got them all done!!! I worked hard on each and every assignment. Actually, the three that I am most proud of are, building a model of a human cell. That was kind of fun. Finding stuff all around house to use and trying to be creative was challenging!! The next thing I am proud of is my microscope write up. I have had experience with microscopes and they are fascinating! Thirdly, ummm I really can't pinpoint another, but maybe my first compendium. I have never put one of those together before and that was also a challenge!!
I think I could have improved on my writing assignments. I am awful at writing!!!!! Hope it doesn't show to much!! Writing has always been my weakness. Unfortunately, this was a lot writing, but I made it through!!
My over all grade I think would be A for effort. Everyone probably says that, but I think I worked very hard and juggling 2 other courses at the same time was very hard to organize. I can perform better in the next unit of this course by organizing my time better. I need to focus on one task at a time instead of looking at everything that is due!!!
This whole unit was engaging because there was so much information. It was all very interesting, and I especially liked the chapter on cancer. I don't think I ever felt distanced from the course. I think overall I felt overwhelmed!
The actions I felt affirming was having to write what you know. It was challenging, but useful because it reinforced the information.
The one thing that puzzled me was creating this blog. I have never used one before. Some people have great looking blogs.
What surprised me was how online classes work. This is my first online class and I must say there is a lot of work!! In the classroom you are motivated by the instructor, but with online classes it all rides on your shoulders whether or not you are going to do the work.

No comments: